In 1947, thirty-six “mutual friends” organized a “group chat” that inevitably lead to the founding of The National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing (aka NASCAR), but instead of an online forum, that meeting was held in a hotel. Back in the early days of NASCAR, being “tagged” by someone was usually something that happened on the race track (which was much worse than a friend sharing an embarrassing picture from last weekend’s race) and when you wanted to hear an update from your favorite driver or team, your only option was to go to the race track and hear it yourself. My, how things have changed. Nowadays, we are able to experience NASCAR in an intimate way from anywhere in the world.
Though a lot has changed over the years, even since JTG Daugherty Racing fired its first engine, the sense of community in NASCAR and the passion we all share for racing has only strengthened. JTG Daugherty Racing is proud to be a part of that advancement and to have the opportunity to interact with our fans from all over the world, as well as offer a place where we can all discuss our love of racing in a friendly environment through our social media pages.
As a team, we here at JTG Daugherty Racing encourage open and honest communication, and we expect our guests to show respect, integrity, and good sportsmanship through their words and actions at all times. We want our social media pages to give fans the opportunity to be a part of our team, however, we ask the members of our “community” to adhere to the expectations we have of ourselves.
- We will take all responsibility for the content we post online. However, any information, opinions, comments, or suggestions shared by our fans are not endorsed by us nor will they become our responsibility.
- We will practice integrity when posting online and we ask the same from you. We will remove fraudulent, deceptive, or potentially misleading content from our pages.
- In the same regards, we trust that content posted on our pages belongs to the individual who posted it. Anything found to be in violation of intellectual or property right of another person or may be in violation of any law or regulation will be removed immediately.
- JTG Daugherty Racing values good sportsmanship, we expect all online interaction on our social media pages to be respectful, family-friendly, and polite. We reserve the right to remove or ban any content we find as abusive, threatening, defamatory, obscene, offensive and in any way a violation to the rights of others.
- Our social media pages are meant to be a place for discussion of all things pertaining to JTG Daugherty Racing. Any content shared that appears to be for self-promotion, political agendas, or is not relevant to JTG Daugherty Racing is subject for removal.
We hope you feel at home here with the JTG Daugherty Racing team and we are proud to have you on board. Now, let’s go racing!